Pencil Portrait Prices
Commission a Portrait Now!
Prices are in Canadian dollars ($CAD). Frames are NOT included.
*Custom portrait sizes can be arranged.
**Same pricing applies for a person or a pet portrait.
***A group portrait price is calculated by adding an extra amount to the single portrait price. For example, for an 8” x 10” portrait with 2 persons/pets, the price is $150 + $75 = $225. If you desire a group portrait with more than 2 people/pets, please contact the artist to Get a Quote
, as this might qualify for a price reduction. This reduction would depend on the number of people/pets to be included, on the size, and on the level of details and complexity.
What you will get
- The portrait will be a realistic black & white pencil drawing of one or more person(s) or animal(s) from a photograph that you supply.
- Only the best professional quality drawing paper such as Strathmore or Canson will be used. These are acid-free papers that will not yellow with time.
- High quality graphite and charcoal pencils will be used for the drawing
- The drawing background will be white or black, depending on your preference. The table above shows the base prices for portraits showing head and shoulders only and a white/black background. Half body (including hands) or full body portraits, as well as detailed backgrounds might need additional charge. Please use the Get a Quote form to inquire about extra pricing, if applicable.
- A proof image file of the nearly finished drawing will be emailed to you for approval. At that time, you may ask for changes or retouches until it meets your satisfaction.
- Pencil portraits do not include the frame. Instead, the portrait will be matted with a white mat (except for larger sizes, see table above). These are standard size mats, compatible with commercial frames easily available in most stores where frames are sold.
Your photograph in digital format (JPG, GIF, PNG) must be as high-resolution as possible, at least 1000 pixels on the long side, with the features of the face well visible. The artist reserves the right to refuse a commission where a poor-quality photograph has been supplied. The photograph must either have been taken by yourself or you must have been given permission from its creator to use it.
- Full payment is not required before the start of the drawing. However, the artist does require a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the portrait price to be paid in advance.
- If you are outside Canada, the currency exchange rate can be checked with XE Currency Converter’s Live Rates. If you are paying by PayPal, those exchange rates are automatically calculated and converted into $CAD by PayPal.
- Payments can be made by PayPal, Interac eTransfer, cyptocurrency (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero) or cash (locals from the Ottawa area only). Visit the Payment page for more details.
- Shipping charges are extra to the prices in the table. The artist will let you know the shipping charges (if applicable).
- Word-wide shipping will be done through Canada Post services.
For more info or if you have any questions, see the FAQ
page or contact the artist