- The portrait will be a realistic representation in colour of one or more person(s) or animal(s) from a photograph that you supply.
- Only the best professional quality paper such as Clairefontainte Pastelmat will be used, which is an acid-free reinforced paper specifically designed for works in pastel.
- High quality pastel sticks and pencils (for fine details) will be used for the painting
- Note that pastels drawings are considered paintings if the artwork covers the entire surface
- The portrait background can be one colour of multicolour, depending on your preference. Detailed background is possible at extra charge.
- A proof image file of the almost finished painting will be emailed to you for approval. At that time, you may ask for changes or re-touches.
- You may ask for unlimited number of re-touches to the painting until it meets your satisfaction
- You can only order the painting matted and framed. The pastel can smudge if touched, and therefore all pastel works need to be protected by glass and framed.
Your photograph in digital format (JPG, GIF, PNG) must be as high-resolution as possible, at least 1000 pixels on the long side, with the features of the face well visible. The artist reserves the right to refuse a commission where a poor-quality photograph has been supplied. The photograph must either have been taken by yourself or you must have been given permission from its creator to use it.
- Prices are in Canadian Dollars ($CAD). Full payment is not required before the start of the drawing. However, the artist does require a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the portrait price (not counting framing) in advance.
- If you are outside Canada, the currency exchange rate can be checked with XE Currency Converter’s Live Rates. If you are paying by PayPal, those exchange rates are automatically calculated and converted into $CAD by PayPal.
- Payments can be made by PayPal (preferred), eTransfer, cyptocurrency (Bitcoin & Ethereum) or cash (locals from the Ottawa area only). Visit the Payment page for more details.
- Word-wide shipping will be done through Canada Post services
- Framed paintings will be mailed in a box. Shipping charges will apply.