Pastel Portrait Prices
Commission a Portrait Now!
Prices are in Canadian dollars ($CAD) and include framing.
* Larger sizes are also available, but they will not be framed, and they will require custom framing.
** Same pricing applies for a person or a pet portrait.
*** A group portrait price is calculated by adding an extra amount to the single portrait price. For example, for an 8” x 10” portrait with 2 persons/pets, the price is $350 + $100 = $450. If you desire a group portrait with more than 2 persons/pets, please contact the artist to Get a Quote
, as this might qualify for a price reduction. This reduction would depend on the number of persons/pets to be included, on the size, and on the level of detail and complexity.
What you will get
- Note that pastels drawings are considered paintings if the artwork covers the entire surface.
- The portrait will be a realistic representation in colour of one or more person(s) or pet(s) from a photograph that you supply.
- The background colour and any details will be discussed. The table above shows the base prices for portraits showing head and shoulders only and a one-colour background. Half body (including hands) or full body portraits, as well as multi-coloured or detailed backgrounds might need additional charge. Please use the Get a Quote form to inquire about extra pricing, if applicable.
- Only the best professional quality paper such as Clairefontaine Pastelmat will be used, which is an acid-free reinforced paper specifically designed for works in pastel.
- High quality pastel pencils and sticks will be used for the painting
- A proof image file of the nearly finished painting will be emailed to you for approval. At that time, you may ask for changes or re-touches until meets your satisfaction.
- Pastel portraits are delivered with a white mat and framed with a glass or plexiglass protected frame, all included in the above price. The frame colour might vary, depending on its availability.
Your photograph in digital format (JPG, GIF, PNG) must be as high-resolution as possible, at least 1000 pixels on the long side, with the features of the face well visible. The artist reserves the right to refuse a commission where a poor-quality photograph has been supplied. The photograph must either have been taken by yourself or you must have been given permission from its creator to use it.
- Full payment is not required before the start of the portrait. However, the artist does require a non-refundable deposit of 40% of the portrait price in advance.
- If you are outside Canada, the currency exchange rate can be checked with XE Currency Converter’s Live Rates. If you are paying by PayPal, those exchange rates are automatically calculated and converted into $CAD by PayPal.
- Payments can be made by PayPal, Interac eTransfer, cyptocurrency (Bitcoin) or cash (locals from the Ottawa area only). Visit the Payment page for more details.
- Shipping charges are extra to the prices in the table. The artist will let you know the shipping charges (if applicable).
- Word-wide shipping will be done through Canada Post services.
For more info or if you have any questions, see the FAQ
page or contact the artist.