- The portrait will be a realistic black & white pencil drawing of one or more person(s) or animal(s) from a photograph that you supply.
- Only the best professional quality drawing paper such as Strathmore or Canson will be used. These are acid-free papers that will not yellow with time.
- High quality graphite and charcoal pencils will be used for the drawing
- The drawing background will be white or black, depending how you would prefer. Detailed background is possible at extra charge.
- A proof image file of the almost finished drawing will be emailed to you for approval. At that time, you may ask for changes or re-touches.
- You may ask for unlimited number of re-touches to the drawing until it meets your satisfaction
- You may order the drawing framed or unframed.
Your photograph in digital format (JPG, GIF, PNG) must be as high-resolution as possible, at least 1000 pixels on the long side, with the features of the face well visible. The artist reserves the right to refuse a commission where a poor-quality photograph has been supplied. The photograph must either have been taken by yourself or you must have been given permission from its creator to use it.
- Prices are in Canadian Dollars ($CAD). Full payment is not required before the start of the drawing. However, the artist does require a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the portrait price (excluding the frame) in advance.
- If you are outside Canada, the currency exchange rate can be checked with XE Currency Converter’s Live Rates. If you are paying by PayPal, those exchange rates are automatically calculated and converted into $CAD by PayPal.
- Payments can be made by PayPal (preferred), eTransfer, cyptocurrency (Bitcoin & Ethereum) or cash (locals from the Ottawa area only). Visit the Payment page for more details.
- Word-wide shipping will be done through Canada Post services. The artist will let you know the shipping charge (if applicable) based on your address.
- Free shipping in Canada and the US for unframed drawings up to size 11″ x 14″. For other countries, international shipping charges will apply. The portrait will be mailed in a reinforced envelope.
- Unframed drawings larger that 11″ x 14″ will be mailed in a mailing tube. Shipping charges will apply.
- Framed drawings will be mailed in a box. Shipping charges will apply.