- The oil portrait painting will be a realistic representation of one or more person(s) or animal(s) from a photograph that you supply.
- Only the best professional quality canvas or board will be used. You may select the type of portrait support. See below available options (depending on their availability).
- High quality oil paints will be used for the painting
- The portrait background can be one colour of multicolour, depending how you would prefer. Detailed background is possible at extra charge.
- A proof image file of the almost finished painting will be emailed to you for approval. At that time, you may ask for changes or re-touches.
- You may ask for unlimited number of re-touches to the painting until it meets your satisfaction
- Framing is not available for oil paintings.
- Oil paintings can take a few weeks to dry, so plan accordingly.
Your photograph in digital format (JPG, GIF, PNG) must be as high-resolution as possible, at least 1000 pixels on the long side, with the features of the face well visible. The artist reserves the right to refuse a commission where a poor-quality photograph has been supplied. The photograph must either have been taken by yourself or you must have been given permission from its creator to use it.
- Prices are in Canadian Dollars ($CAD). Full payment is not required before the start of the drawing. However, the artist does require a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the portrait price (not counting framing) in advance.
- If you are outside Canada, the currency exchange rate can be checked with XE Currency Converter’s Live Rates. If you are paying by PayPal, those exchange rates are automatically calculated and converted into $CAD by PayPal.
- Payments can be made by PayPal (preferred), eTransfer, cyptocurrency (Bitcoin & Ethereum) or cash (locals from the Ottawa area only). Visit the Payment page for more details.
- Word-wide shipping will be done through Canada Post services
- Paintings will be mailed in a box. Shipping charges will be extra.
Painting Support Types
Depending on their availability, you may chose to have the painting on the following types of supports:
- Regular canvas, 3/4 inches deep. Requires framing (not supplied).
- Gallery type canvas, 1.5 inches deep. Does not require framing, the sides are painted.
- Cradled wood board, 1.5 inches deep. Does not require framing, the sides are painted.