- Full payment is not required before the start of the portrait. However, the artist does require a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the portrait price in advance.
- To ease international sales, prices for commissions are in USD Dollars. Payments can be made by PayPal, eInterac bank transfer, check, money order or cash (locals from the Ottawa-Gatineau area only). Cheques and money orders should be made payable to Erika Farkas.
- The currency exchange rate can be checked with XE Currency Converter's Live Rates. If you are paying by PayPal, those exchange rates are automatically
calculated by PayPal. If you a paying by all other options, you can pay the amount converted from XE Currency Converter at the above link.
Pay safely with PayPal for your COMMISSION!
No need to have or create a PayPal account if paying by credit card.
Enter the USD price of your commission deposit or balance in the PayPal Price per Item box.
Not sure how much is the amount due? Contact the artist.
The oil painting
- The portrait will be a realistic representation of one or more human being(s) or animal(s) from a photograph that you supply.
- Only the best professional quality canvas or board will be used. You may select the type of portrait support. See below available options (depending on their availability).
- High quality oil paints will be used for the painting
- The portrait background can be one colour of multicolour, depending how you would prefer. Detailed background is possible at extra charge.
- A proof image file of the almost finished painting will be emailed to you for approval. At that time, you may ask for changes or re-touches.
- You may ask for unlimited number of re-touches to the painting until it meets your satisfaction
- Framing is not available for oil paintings.
For custom sizes and preferences, please complete the form to get a quote.
GET A QUOTE
Your photograph in digital format (JPG, GIF, PNG) must be as high-resolution as possible, at least 1000 pixels on the long side, with the features of the face well visible. If you don't have a scanned image of your photograph, you may mail me the photo itself through the postal service. I reserve the right not to accept a commission where a poor-quality photograph has been supplied.
The photograph must either have been taken by yourself or you must have been given permission from its creator to use it.
- Word-wide shipping will be done through Canada Post services
- Paintings will be mailed in a box. Shipping charges will be extra.
If you would like a quote on how much the shipping would cost, fill out all the address fields in the form.
GET A QUOTE
Painting support types
Depending on their availability, you may chose to have the painting on the following types of supports: